Manas Air Base

Kyrgyzstan Travel Blog

So, things have been interesting. I’ve been on a plane for about 15 hours and have recently settled at Manas Airbase, temporarily. So I pretty much lost a day. I believe the location is near India, somewhere in between Russia and China. Exciting! Right? We had a stop in Germany which was pretty cool. I had a diet Coke and it tasted about right, lol. I used the computer there and the keys were a little funny. The z was where the y should be and the punctuation and character keys were different. We stayed there for about an hour and a half, just to refuel the plane.

This base is okay. The air force is pretty spoiled so I guess I should have expected it. I don’t have any cash on me, so I’m a little worried about that. Everywhere we’ve gone, I’ve been able to use my card though. Hopefully that continues.

We’re not allowed to drink the water here. We can’t even brush our teeth with it. I’m sure that’s how it’s going to be everywhere. There’s bottles all over though. We live in a tent with bunk beds. Luckily, we have more bunks than girls so we can all get a bottom rack. I’m doing laundry right now. I may get a massage later (see what I mean by spoiled).

The whole experience has been all right. I wouldn’t love living on a base like this, but I’m sure it’s better than a lot of other situations I could be in. It has everything I need.

I got to talk to Ana, Robert, and Vernon today.  Well, I’m not sure when we’re going to be leaving here. I’m almost positive we’ll be gone by tomorrow. There are talks about leaving here at midnight. I don’t know though.