Cider once more

Cairns Travel Blog

Harbour Front

We went snorkelling, wait for it.... on THE GREAT BARRIER REEF!! It was like there was some kind of underwater disco going on, the coral was a variety of strobe lighting effects and the fish were amazing nu-rave clubbers. We also saw the biggest fish i've ever seen in my life and a turtle. The poor turtle got mobbed by everyone in the water though and when it came up to breathe was punced on by everyone, it looked fairly miserable at this !! After the snorkelling our boat put out "Boom Netting" which is a big cargo net at the back of the boat then they get everyone to jump on to it and set the boat off at speed one, the move it up to speed two by which we'd already lost a handful of people ansd then they get to speed three at which point parts of my bikinni we're no longer staying in place and so i had no choice but to fly off the netting as well and watch as the boat sped away, leaving me to tread water in the SHARK INFESTED WATERS of the ozzy sea!! Luckily at that point a number of other people had flown off the netting, some due to me falling into them, others through swimwear problems of their own and so the rescue boat had no problem in spotting us and thus a near disaster was luckily averted !!

photo by: Katie_Kate