Back home (finally!)

New York Travel Blog

I arrived back home this evening after a hectic 40 hours of being in an airport or on a plane. In the morning on 9/23, Michael and I headed to Walvis Bay airport (Namibia) where we were supposed to be on the same flight to Johannesburg. Sadly, our flight was delayed, delayed more, then really delayed. So much that we would both miss our flights out of Joberg. We were re-routed (Michael via Capetown, and me via Joburg then Amsterdam). I arrived this evening, but my bag did not....lost. Hopefully it will turn up eventually.

This was the most amazing trip I have been on. It really put things in perspective. I realize that I need so much less that I thought I did. I appreciate being close to the earth so much more. I can't wait to go back!
AndiPerullo says:
Just AMAZING--your writing, your work with the elephants, and your pictures! Too bad you have such terrible luggage karma, but it's great that you have a positive attitude about it. If you ever decide to do this trip again let me know, as I would love to join you. :)
Posted on: Sep 30, 2007
jcaunedo says:
this was an excellent read - thanks!
Posted on: Sep 30, 2007
Aopaq says:
You truly had a very unique travel experience....congratulations and thank you for sharing. Are you planning to do more volunteer work with EHRA in the future? Or did you know that there also some awesome elephant refuge sites in Thailand that care for elephants and who appreciate support from volunteeers?
Posted on: Sep 29, 2007