Night on the Thames... and dancing on the pier

London Travel Blog

Make a wish
So off we went, with the taxi driver not having any idea where he was going... and unfortunately M didn't know exactly where it was either.  He did though have a better idea than the taxi driver.  Question, how are you a taxi driver in London and not know where the OXO is?  Even Garry, living in London for only several years knew about the OXO!!
So round and round we went until finally we decided to just trek it to the restaurant.  We walked passed the restaurant about 3 times.  Too funny!  There were no signs to let you know how to get there, it was kind of like those premiere events in which you have to speak in code and people will direct you to the secret location.
Me getting sick

Well, we finally found the place and up we went.  It was located at the top floor of the OXO building.  Garry pointed it out earlier that day and gave me a history lesson on it which I had completely forgotten already.  M and I had an amazing dinner... ok, dinner was ok, but the place was amazing.
We had a pretty lavish dinner and wonderful wine and our dessert was fabulous.  I would even just go back for dessert and wine.  Oh, btw, I had a pineapple martini while we waited too and I have to say that was delicious!
After dinner, we took a stroll on the pier located next to the OXO building.  Here M and I practiced our stunts for the next day.  He did handstands, I did cartwheels, and we sang at the top of our lungs and danced like no one was watching.   We even played Matador.  All of the sudden I wasn't so tired.
After a period of uncontrolled laughter, we walked along the Thames, past the London Eye, over the bridge, past Parliment and hoped on a taxi heading back to Maida Vale.

rvegas says:
nice blog. can't wait to visit UK.
Posted on: Jul 04, 2010
In my Eye-Pod
Third day in London and M and I planned to cheer up this busy and depressed city (they looked depressed to me!).  I noticed since my arrival that people barely smiled.  And even when I smiled at them, I rarely got smiles back, sometimes I would even get strange looks as if smiling was not part of their daily routine.  So after very little sleep, M decides to wake me up at the butt crack of dawn!  I'm ready to kick him at this point!  lol Just kidding.  But I was tired.  I don't know how long I walked for the day before but I know I was exhausted.

So when I finally got myself together, I rolled out of bed and got ready.  I bought M a batman mask before I left Cali and I found the cutest pair of glasses for myself.
the abbey
  We agreed to wear them no matter what strange looks we got.  So off we went.  We checked out of our hotel around noon leaving our bags with the concierge so we will have the freedom to run if needed.  We take the tube back to Victoria Station and figured we'd hit Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace and the London Eye.

Michael and I put on our masks and went about our day.  We went round some cute streets and a park where we decided to have some pictures taken.   Then we headed to Trafalgar Square to climb the massive lions and growl at the people below.  M also got a shot of me throwing up... NOT, I did get sick again later, but thank God that wasn't captured on film!  M had several ramdon people take pictures of him as we cruised around.
Parliament
  We also had many people laughing at us and pointing.  While at Trafalgar Square, we climbed up the lions and began waving at people.  It was way too funny to growl at them since they just began to laugh once they looked our direction.  Mission accomplished.  We brought joy to this serious city.
After laughing out heads off, we took a stroll to St. James park for ice cream.  We walked by "Inn the Park" and decided to have lunch there.  We needed to revive our Bat strength.  I have to say this place was over priced and the food was decent.  The view was great and the service was ok, but again, it seems like customer service was not a high priority for these people.
After lunch we strolled through the park, taking a seat by a lake and watching some ducks.
View from our pod
  The smell from our feathered friends made me ill, so off we went, skipping Buckingham Palace all together and heading right for the London Eye.

M had left his hat at the OXO restaurant the night before, so he raced back to get it while I people watched at the cafe next to the London Eye.  Once he returned we jumped on a pod and got a great view of the Thames River and the historical buildings that surrounded it.  The weather wasn't the best, but I could imagine how magnificent it would be on a clear day.
After our Pod ride, we jumped on the tube once again.  This time we headed back to Maida Vale to collect our bags.  After picking them up, we tubed back down to Paddington to catch the express train to Heathrow airport.  Both the tube and the train was packed.  But 20 minutes on the train wasn't so bad.
Dalis