Get me out of here!!

Irvine Travel Blog

Tammy and I on the flight to London
Around midnight on Tuesday I speak to M for the last time before I head on my trip to London.  I was arriving there 2 days prior to him to meet my cousin who I had not seen in 20 years!!  I was so excited and couldn't sleep.  I guess I was too excited to leave, packing and repacking trying to make sure I had it all together.  Of course I didn't, but it didn't matter... I just wanted to leave.  So I stayed up longer than I should have and it didn't hit me until I actually got to London.
Getting to the airport was a nightmare.  My friend who was going to take me flaked out last minute.  I called everyone and thier mother to get me there.  Finally, I resorted to calling my ex. who happend to be in the neighborhood to take me.  Talk about swallowing my pride.  It was the longest ride to the airport ever.
Checking in wasn't bad at all, and once I got to the gate I was able to relax once again.   I called M who was half asleep to let him know I was checked in and ready to go.  So I guess earlier wasn't the last time I spoke to him! haha

The flight went smoothly.  I was flying Virgin Atlantic, non stop to London Heathrow.  My seat was tight but I had my own screen which gave me access to 30 different movies, at least 20 different shows offering 3-5 episodes each, games, limited internet access and music access.  Oh and I was able to email and text right from the hand set as well.  I was seated in the middle row, the seat to my left was vacant which was wonderful because I was able to put my feet up, and to my right sat Tammy.  Tammy was visiting her friend in Cambridge.  We got to talking quite a bit and it made the flight there go quicker between the naps I had.

photo by: tamara1973