Marbella

Marbella Travel Blog

The Gang.

After recovering from an alcohol induced illness, I finally made it out in Marbella - the actually city. Marbella did not disappoint. It has a beautiful beach (no rocks) and plenty of resturants overlooking the ocean.

The old town of Marbella is the most stunning. It has remanants of the old city walls, and like many of the old town, narrow cobble stoned streets. The area made me feel more at home as there was no overwhelming atmosphere of tourists. The staff at the bars were not british and they did not speak english. The restaurant area was full of local people. This was more like it!

We found some great bars and restaurants. And ended up coming back to Marbella a number of times before we left.

As is always the case, when the bars close, there is a nightclub not to far away to continue dancing. We ended up in one that was playing 70's spanish disco music. It was so authentic, the DJ looked like he was probably the same era - spinning those songs back in the 70s. Regardless the bar was full of locals. It was funny because my two mates and I are all over 6 foot tall, so we towered over the crowd. At around 3 am it was time to send the geriatric DJ packing and younger more funky DJ moved in to play some more modern tunes. It was a great place and we didn't leave there till quite late.

Marbella, is where we will probably hang out at more regularly. It was just a very local but very funky place with plenty of variety.

Nice Alleyways
Nice Alleyways
Old wall of Marbella city.
Old wall of Marbella city.
Beautiful streets.
Beautiful streets.
BBQ night!!
BBQ night!!
Marbella Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
It will look like just another cool and funky bar from the outside, but venturing deeper into it's winding corridors, you'll find this little gem of a… read entire review
Marbella