's-Hertogenbosch, a nice surprise ;)

's-Hertogenbosch Travel Blog

central station

a difficult name... why did I visit it? well, the year before this travel I met dutch people while we were doing the Inca Trail and we became friends. I told them that I was planning visit Europe and they invited me to their place.  I felt excited about the idea of going to Holland, but also a bit sad. Why? Because it would be the last country to visit before going back home…

My friends live in S’ Hertogenbosch. I should say it was the first time I heard about that town, ;) They were on vacations, so they were able to spend a couple of days with the Peruvian girl, just showing her around. They were terrific hosts! Thanks Maike and Martjin :)

Finally I arrived to S’ Hertogenbosch. The station was pretty comfortable; everything has been done thinking about the people and their bikes. My friends picked me up, left my bag in the car and we started to walk around the city. It's a small town, with canals as most Netherlands cities.

chilling out with Maike
We went to the main square, visited the Cathedral and had some ice tea in a nice café. It was a hot day!

In our way home we visited the Kasteel Heeswijk. It’s a really nice castle, which you can rent for your wedding if you want and can afford it.

Their house was nice and the best of everything: I had my own bedroom. It was so good, having my own bedroom after being sharing rooms ;)

Maike told me there was a festival in their neighborhood and she was thinking about going. Cool! I just took a shower and was ready to go.

There were live music, a lot of friendly people - including their friends - snacks and of course beer! Hahaha. All their friends had already heard about the Peruvian girl who was coming :)

We were just singing, dancing, and hanging out. It was so fun, the band played a Spanish song. Actually it was from a Colombian singer and I was the only one who was singing it, hahaha.

Around 9pm we went to the pub they used to work. It had a nice atmosphere! We danced for a while, but left around 11pm. We had to wake up early the next morning.

I just checked my email and went to bed. I was getting tired…

People here are really friendly!

Haselager says:
Yes, great, love to see that you liked 's-Hertogenbosch!
Posted on: Jan 25, 2009
entrance to Kasteel Heeswijk
entrance to Kasteel Heeswijk
Kastel Heeswijk
Kastel Heeswijk
My hosts: Maike & Martjin :)
My hosts: Maike & Martjin :)
everyone dancing!