EuropeItalyRome

A quiet evening in Rome

Rome Travel Blog

at Giannicolo hill & the view from Rome

After spending the whole day in Vatican City, I went back to my hostel. I didn't have exact plans for later, but definitely I wanted to do something. Hey! You are not everyday in Rome! - unless you live there, hahaha.

Ale, the girl from Venice recommended me to talk to the manager of the hostel once I was there. I didn't have time to do it until now, hehehe. I saw he was at his office and knocked the door. He asked me if everything was ok with the hostel. I said yes, just wanted to say hi. He was a bit surprised. So, I introduced myself as la peruviana (everybody called me like that in the hostel, lol), friend of the Chilean girl Ale, who stayed there a couple of weeks ago. He started to laugh and said: "so, you know I took her for a ride, don't you?" Hmmm, well, hmmm. hahaha. He asked me if I wanted to do the same - sure! He started to laugh and we left for a bike ride!

It was a different way to see Rome, that’s for sure.

Castel Sant' Angelo
 We went to Giannicolo Hill, one of the hills surrounding Rome, in order to have a nice view of the city.

He had to go - a soccer match, what a surprise - hahah. So I asked him to drop me off in Castel Sant’ Angelo. And so he did. I went to the museum there and was just walking around, enjoying the nice weather and beautiful scenery. It was a relaxing walking. I took a walk and went to Trastevere. I’ve heard this is where the roman young people like to go to hang out, so it was a must. It was great. Was I afraid of being there by myself? No, as they said: Brava la peruviana! (The Peruvian girl is brave!) hahaha.

We agreed to meet in the evening in the Trastevere and so we did. We had dinner and were talking about Rome.

I was telling him I really like his city. Then he told me, he met a friend who was the owner of another hostel and was looking for a person for his staff. So he suggested me working there for the season,  hahaha. It sounded so tempting… I promised to think about it and give them an answer when I’m back from Pompei.

Well, time to go back to the hostel and sleep. The day after I was leaving early to Napoli in order to visit Pompei ;) yeah! My feet were killing me, but it didn’t matter. I was knowing so many places, that it didn’t matter at all.

at Giannicolo hill & the view from…
at Giannicolo hill & the view fro…
Castel Sant Angelo
Castel Sant Angelo
inside Castel Sant Angelo
inside Castel Sant' Angelo
Tiber river
Tiber river
Piazza Trilussa
Piazza Trilussa
Trastevere. A cool neighborhood.
Trastevere. A cool neighborhood.
Sta. Maria in Trastevere
Sta. Maria in Trastevere
where they want me to work...
where they want me to work...
Traditional neighborhood - Trastevere
The Trastevere area is one of the most characteristic neighborhoods of Rome. It's not touristy, mostly visited by the locals, so it's not as crowde… read entire review
Gianicolo area
The Gianicolo is the name of one of the 7 hills of Rome. Surrounded by parks and gardens. You will feel that you are far away from the city, althou… read entire review
Nice Castel Sant'Angelo
Castel Sant Angelo is located in the heart of the city, on the banks of the river Tiber and shows the continuity between past and present in the city.… read entire review
Rome