the last city before going home... Amsterdam

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Walking around

I saved Amsterdam for the last :) why??? :) I liked this city very much. You see people from all over the world walking around, but maybe just the tourist are walking. Everyone else is riding a bike! You can rent a Yellow Bike and do it too (so did I). Actually there are more bikes than cars in Amsterdam.  There are a lot of things to see and do (during the day and night) and the people are very friendly. They speak dutch, but everyone will understand English too.

I woke up early to pack my things. This would be my last day in Europe, I'd be flying back home tomorrow morning. :(

We left around 9am and took the train. Finally we arrived to Amsterdam around noon. Martjin wanted me to know the city by riding a bike through it instead of walking around - just like the locals cool! So our first stop was going for a bike.

The 3 of all were riding our yellow bikes, hehe.

In front of the Palais Royal
Have to say it was big to me, well actually everything here is big for the small Peruvian, hahaha. We passed in front of Anna Frank’s house. I read the book as a little girl and always wanted to see where she lived. All the canals and bridges are so nice here.

Then we went downtown. We visited the Dom, Museenplein & Rembrandt house. We decided to have something to drink, had a sit in a nice café and started thinking about my flight back home. Mmm, it was scheduled to leave in the morning, which meant I have either to leave s’ Hertogenbosch very early or spending the night in Amsterdam.

I was thinking about the 2nd choice for 2 reasons. a) The drive from 's-Hertogenbosch to Amsterdam was long and didn't want to wake up extremely early & b) my Eurailpass was valid just until today... So, I was about staying in Amsterdam, but Martjin didn’t want me to spend the night alone in crazy Amsterdam.

"No, no, no" So, I told him, what about staying here if I knew somebody. "Well, in that case things would be different..." I had Cris' number with me. (Cris is the guy from Gent). I called him and he was around, so he showed up in a few - riding a bike of course, haha. He said I could spend a night at his place, no problem. Ok, I had a plan.

Problem solved. We kept on visiting Amsterdam. Of course we crossed the Amsterdam Red Light District. If you are in Amsterdam, you have to do it. After that, we decided to go back home. I had to pick up my stuff and go back to Amsterdam. So sad about leaving Europe :(

arriving to Amsterdam
arriving to Amsterdam
renting a bike is the way to go si…
renting a bike is the way to go s…
Anne Frank house