A day in Pompei

Pompeii Travel Blog

Termini - Station
Visiting Pompei  was in my mind since the first time I thought about going to Italy. So, it was time to do it. I woke up early and my feet were hurting a bit. I touched them and felt something strange, blisters??? OMG!!! Better don't look and just hope it was my idea....

I left the hostel early and went to the Termini aka train station. In order to go to Pompei I took a train to Napoli. And from Napoli I took the Via Vesubiana to go to Pompei. The whole trip took about 3hrs. It was a good idea starting it early.

The Via Vesubiana was full with people. It reminded me to Lima… hahaha. Also a man started to sing and then asked for some change. Am I in Lima? Hahaha

Finally I arrived to Pompei and first of all I got a map and a book with the info about Pompei.

If you are in Rome, you just have to take a train to Napoli and then to Pompei.Watch out! It's really hot there...
I chose the 3 ½ hrs tour, well this is what it takes according to my map/guide.

Just seeing the city is fascinating. Actually you can get lost in it. So a map is really helpful. It was pretty hot. Don’t forget to take some water with you, but don’t drink to much ‘cause finding restrooms could not be easy.

Walking through all the streets, going inside the houses, knowing people used to live there is amazing! It’s incredible what happened and even more incredible was looking the rests of the people. You could see their facial and hand expressions, there was so much fear. Wow! It was really something.

It was a loooooooooong walk, but I couldn’t regret at all. Just being there and imagine what these people felt is impossible to describe! Since I was walking by myself with a map, I could stop as long as I wanted where I found something interesting or skip things that weren't my favorite.

It was already early afternoon when I went back to the station. There I had something to eat, got my magnet and took the train back to Napoli.

Termini - Station
If you are in Rome, you just have …
If you are in Rome, you just have…
ticket to Napoli
street names
street names
Pompeii General Tips & Advice review
How to go to Pompei
If you are in Rome and want to visit Pompei, you have to go to Naples first. You can do it like a full day or spend 1 night there. I did it as a full … read entire review
Pompeii Sights & Attractions review
Visiting the Scavi Archeologici di Pompei
Visiting the Scavi Archeologici di Pompei is very worth. Not only because of the beautiful city (or remains) of the city you can find there, but also … read entire review
Pompeii