bye bye Amsterdam

Amsterdam Travel Blog

taking a nap at the airport

I spent my last night in Amsterdam in... the airport, hahaha, but wasn't alone :)

Yesterday, while I was in my way to Amsterdam I saw a girl holding a map. So I realized she was another tourist and asked her: "where are you from?" She was a nice Canadian girl, who was in her way to the airport too. We were just talking and she told me she had to catch an early flight next morning, so she was going to spend the night at the airport… that gave me an idea. The airport is big and nice, so it wouldn't be bad to crash here.

First of all I called Cris and thanked for his hospitality but I let him know I’d spend the night at the airport. It was later than expected and he shouldn't worry, because I wouldn’t be alone.

I was amazed Michele was traveling around with such a light luggage. But then she told me she had to claim for her bags and then I saw it. She had 2 big bags waiting for her, hahaha.

with Michele at the airport - my last night in Amsterdam
We went to a supermarket - yes inside the airport - bought some snacks and had a sort of picnic, hahaha.

We were just chatting and talking about our different experiences in Europe. A couple of hours later, we were getting tired so it was time for a nap. While I was sleeping she watched our stuff and vice versa ;)

So sad, this would be the last night in Europe... :(

Michele had an early flight and mine didn't leave until mid morning. I joined her to check in and said good bye. I did check in too and checked my big bag. So good the shops opened early here, hehe.

I still had to buy a couple of souvenirs for my family and had plenty of time to do it here. Then I visited a Rembrandt’s exhibition and it was time to leave.

Bye bye Europe, I’d be back soon!

taking a nap at the airport
with Michele at the airport - my l…
with Michele at the airport - my …
a dutch girl