Meeting Agostino and starting to explore the other islands :)

Venice Travel Blog

so lovely canals

As we agreed yesterday, I'd meet Agostino in order to visit the other islands nearby: Murano, Burano & Torcello. Now a 24hrs pass would be recommended. I left the hostel with Ale. She would join us just to Murano. She had to catch a train at noon. :( well, at least we'd be able to go together to Murano. She was carrying her bag, which wasn't too big. She had a bigger one waiting for her at Milano's station, hahaha.

In our way to the main island, she was giving me some tips for my further travels through Italy. My next stop was Rome and she has already been there. I'd stay at the same hostel she did, haha. Actually Claudio helped me booking the hostel. Nevermind, she gave me a couple of tips, how great!

Nevermind, we arrived early. Agostino wasn't there yet. Ale couldn't believe I'd go to the islands with somebody I met at the Campanille, hahaha. Well, he's a guide. Could I ask for a better person to show me around? hahaha. In the meanwhile we walked around the Piazza San Marcos. Now I could get some pics with me on them, hahaha. I even found cops to get my traditional police photo, yay!!!

Then Agostino showed up. I introduced him to Ale and that was it. We all were ready to leave, yay!

with Alberto and Claudio outside

In our way back to the main island, we stopped near the station to get some fruit and grab a bite. Agostino was showing me around and pointing the different buildings.

I spent a great day with him. Thank you so much for your time, patience and help!!! It was so awesome, he decided to spend his day off, showing around his home town to a Peruvian girl. Awwww, this kind of things are priceless and makes you have faith in the humankind. That there are more good people than bad people, how great!!!

When I arrived back to the hostel, Claudio and Alberto were waiting for me. I helped them at the front desk and they confirmed my booking for the hostel in Rome. I went upstairs to pack and came back to say good bye. I wouldn't see them next morning. Thanks for making my staying in Venice so nice!!!!

a taxi
with Alberto and Claudio
with Alberto and Claudio
Venice Sights & Attractions review
Murano, Burano & Torcello - lovely excursion
If you are in Venice and have time, I highly recommend you to get away of the busy main island and do an excursion to the islands of the Northern Lago… read entire review
Venice