Leaving Belgium... :(

Ghent Travel Blog

a great place to stay

Well, it was time to keep on moving. Holland was waiting for me.  Last year I did the Inca Trail and met really nice Dutch people. Once I met them online and commented about my plans of going to Europe. Maike told me: "Great! You have to stay with us, when you are in Holland!" We have been in touch via email while I was backpacking, but this time I just called her to let her know I was in my way. She gave me some directions to go to the town she lives and that was it. I had a plan ;)

I left the hostel with a new French friend. She was also going to the station.  We got lost with the tram, hahaha. I guess we took the wrong one. Anyway, we had time and it was fun! We waited for our train but she left it before me. It was good having company! I was a bit tired after being party the night before, but no complains at all. ;)

Although I haven’t spent much time in Gent, I really enjoyed the city and the hostel was very nice too! The guy at the front desk spoke Spanish and wanted to practice it with me, haha.

I’d recommend it. Maybe it’s not the cheapest, but it’s very comfortable and the staff is very friendly.

Belgium might be a small country, but this is only regarding its size. This country is full of things to discover :)

yadilitta says:
Thanks for the congrats! Yes, I enjoyed Belgium a lot!!!
Posted on: Mar 07, 2009
lamadude says:
congratz on the featured blog, and I'm really happy to see you enjoyed Belgium! :-)
Posted on: Mar 07, 2009
yadilitta says:
Yes, you are right. The people is great!
Posted on: Jul 05, 2008
the hostel
the hostel
leaving the hostel
leaving the hostel
with Heloise in my way to Holland …
with Heloise in my way to Holland…
Ghent Hostels review
The best hostel - De Draecke Gent :)
This was a great hostel. I was backpacking in Europe and I have to say this one was the best hostel and I ended here just by chance. Considering it's … read entire review
Ghent