Knowing more about the Murano Glass ;)

Murano Travel Blog

with Agostino (the perfect tour guide)

This island is part of Venice. Have you heard about the Murano glass? well, here is where everything started. It's a small cute island.

We took the vaporeto and after a while we arrived to this island. Ale used to work with glass in Chile, that's why she was really interested in joining us, at least part of the day. We arrived to the island with other people. For being such a small island, there was a good number of tourists. But we werent' alone. We were with a local, with Agostino ;)

There were a lot of stores where you could buy the famous Murano glass, but the most interesting was visiting the shops where they work with the glass and produce these beautiful pieces of art.

my angel!!!
We went into one of this shops. You didn't have to pay and entrace fee. People were working and you'd sit around them, watching them working and listening to them about the whole glass proccess.

After the demonstration somebody would come collecting tips. After this visit, you would go to the gift shop, where you could buy some souvenirs. Ale's bag was full, but she couldn't help it to buy something, hahaha. I bought a bell for my mom's collection, cute little glass candies for some friends back in Lima and was ready to go. I was about leaving when Agostino gave me a package. It was a glass angel!!! So cute! The girl packed it very carefully, so it'll survive the month in my bag and the travel back to Lima.

I loved all the pieces here. So colorful!!!!

Well, it was time to go to Burano. At this point Ale left us. She had to go to the train station and catch her train to Milano. Bye bye, Ale.

with Agostino (the perfect tour gu…
with Agostino (the perfect tour g…
Murano island
murano glass
murano glass
Murano Sights & Attractions review
Wonderful Glass Blowing in Murano
If you are visiting Venice and have time to visit the nearby islands, Murano might be at the top of your list, since it's the closest. Just take th… read entire review
Murano