Full of history Torcello

Torcello Travel Blog

Torcello!

Finally we arrived to Torcello, maybe this island is the least visited by the people, at least YET. I’m sure it wouldn’t take long until it becomes more and more popular. So, it was the perfect time to visit it ;)

It’s beautiful and full of history.

We started walking across the island, crossed a bridge and arrived to Sta. Maria Fosca Church. A nice and ancient church. We even could went inside.

Then we visited the Cathedral and climbed the Campanile, so we had a perfect view of the island and we could even see Venice and other islands. There was a wedding in one of the vineyards down and we could see it too. It looks really lovely, made me remember all the movies you can see, how fun! :)

After the Campanille, we walked a bit further in order to find Attila's trone and I had a sit, hahaha.

Athilas trone
I have the picture to prove it. There's a small museum you can visit and would find some pottery and artefacts from that time. But you can find many things just laying on the floor, so you wouldn't miss much if you can't visit the museum. Well, we didn't have much time for it, and had to be honest it wasn't part of our priorities, hehe.

We preferred to walk a bit around and since it was pretty warm, we had a refreshing granita. There were a couple of stands where you could find it. The granita is a tasty dessert, like a sorbet, which personally I find more refreshing than an ice cream. Then we decided to go back to Venice.

It was a long and busy day, but incredibly fun too!!!

crossing the 1st bridge in Torcello
just a view from the Campanile
just a view from the Campanile
Torcello Sights & Attractions review
Lovely old Basilica with a Campanile with a grand view
Torcello is a lovely island, where it feels like the time has stopped. Its basilica is the oldest cathedral of the laguna, and evidence of the firs… read entire review
Torcello