Burano & the beautiful laces

Burano Travel Blog

Houses in Burano

Now, there were just 2 of us: Me and Agostino. We kept on moving to the next island: Burano. There are 3 famous islands you should visit if you are in Venice:

1.      Murano,

2.      Burano &

3.      Torcello

We were just in the middle of our tour, hahaha. This island is just 5 minutes away from Murano (in vaporeto of course) and is famous for its laces. You can buy souvenirs over there, but be careful and watch out if they are really hand made.

The island is small and cute.

walking in Burano
Its houses are colorful and of course there are lovely canals and bridges all over the island. It’s so peaceful and quiet. I won’t complain about spending some time just relaxing here. It seems to me, nothing can disturb the peace there.

We were just walking around, enjoying the nice weather and had something for lunch. Of course it was Pasta! I don’t remember the name of the place (I should have written it…)

As appetizer we had a salad with basil and pasta with Fruto di Mare. Delicious.

We walked for a bit longer through the small streets, watching the local people and children playing. It was like a small cute Venezia with its canals and mini bridges.

Before leaving I bought a souvenir for my mom. She wouldn't forgive me if I leaft lace paradise, without taking something back home, hahaha.

Well, enough resting, time to keep on going to our next stop. We were still missing one island :)

colorful houses