Iquitos - de la selva su encanto...

Iquitos Travel Blog

carrying a Boa, hehehe

I went to Iquitos in order to attend to a business course. Anyway, I could spend a free Sunday just before going back home. My flight was scheduled at 9am, but a friend who lives there offered to show me around Iquitos. He asked me, what are you gonna do in Lima?

Mmm, he was right. I had no plans. So I decided to stay and enjoy a nice day. We didn´t have much time, but tried to do our best. Iquitos is a very warm city, well it´s in the rainforest. We visited Quistococha a park with a beautiful lake and a zoo. I also carried a boa, hehehe. I even tried a local food called: SURI. Well it´s made of warms!! I wasn´t sure about trying it, but my exboss was saying there is no way I would ever eat it. So, I tried, hahaha.

Because it was a really short visit, I want to go back there but having a lot of time to explore the rainforest and the Amazon.

gabee81 says:
Omg worms... Bleeee... I would rather die of starving than eat a single piece. Respect! You are badass! :P
Posted on: Nov 29, 2015
yadilitta says:
I wouldn't have done it, but when they dared me...
Posted on: Mar 14, 2009
Flyinhigh says:
OMG!!!! Worms? Yikes.
Posted on: Mar 14, 2009
at Quistococha
at Quistococha
Iquitos Hotels & Accommodations review
Good hotel in Iquitos - El Dorado Hotel & Suites
This hotel is the baby brother of Iquitos' biggest hotel: El Dorado Plaza Hotel. It's very well located, just 1 1/2 blocks away from the Main Squar… read entire review
Iquitos