More chilling...

Sihanoukville Travel Blog

It's weird sleeping with no covers. I think in the middle of the night, I tried to use my pillowcase as a duvet, but it didn't really work. Our guesthouse is pretty cool, but due to a drought, the flushes have been disabled, so you have to use a bucket and throw some water down the bog to get rid of the leftovers. My record is 7 buckets to clear, but Burger beat it today with 8.

After breakfast at Monkey, we head into town on the back of motos to try and sort out our Vietnam visas. The consulate is shut, but the moto driver takes us to a guesthouse, which can arrange them. We pay $38 ($8 over the odds, but we don't really care) and leave our passports with this lady (who sounds like Bubbles from Little Britain) and then head to the beach.

We are on Serendipity beach, which isn't the cleanest, so we head down to another beach, where we do nothing for a couple of hours, which is really nice after the recent long bus rides...on the way home, it starts to piss it down again, as it has done here quite regularly so far.

After dinner, and some more (free) pool at Monkey, we head to Victory Hill, to see if we can catch any live footy. It is the seediest part of town, with (young) girls grabbing us to go into their lap-dancing clubs as soon as we get off the tuk-tuk. We say no, and go to a bar nearby, which is showing the Liverpool-Spurs game. Sweet!

We notice down this part of town there is loads of sweaty, middle-aged white men, and are a bit put off by this, so we get drunk to try and forget about it. It's a long way from our guesthouse, and luckily our tuk-tuk driver waits for us, and takes us back after the game. We were quite drunk by this point, and end up going to a few more bars, drinking lots of whisky before crashing out at about 5AM! Good times...