Back to the beach

Nha Trang Travel Blog

6:15AM is a horrible time to wake up. For anyone. So, after a lot of beer, rice wine, and misery at England’s inept performance, it’s even worse. We get the minibus from the hotel, which takes us to our bus, a 45 seater, which will take us to Nha Trang. Apparently, it takes 6 hours. Great.

We stop for half an hour on the way, and it absolutely lashes it down. As it tends to in Vietnam, during the wet season. It’s a nice ride though, through more lush greenery, and mountains.

Again, the An Phu people herd us into a hotel, and again, we’re too tired to argue. To be honest, the girl showing us around was very authoritative, and would probably have smacked us if we’d have argued. So we stay there, its $5 p/p p/nt, and close to the beach.

We walk around, to the beach, get our bearings, located An Phu tour company, and then take a nap. First impressions of Nha Trang, not great. The locals don’t seem too friendly, maybe overwhelmed by tourism, as it is the #1 beach resort in Vietnam.

On the way to get some food in the evening, we both tread in sludge, as we thought it was fully formed cement. Then, the chef at the restaurant hustles me to get the most expensive dish on the menu, which I politely refuse. I ask him about the red snapper, then order the crab, just to piss him off. Oh, another annoying thing about this place, I sit down, Burg goes to the toilet to wash off his sludgy feet, and I ask for 2 beers. The girl asks if I want food. I say yes, politely, but can you give us 2 minutes. The girl looks like I told her grandmother to fuck off. Seriously, if looks could kill....maybe that’s why she sent the pyscho chef on top it all off, they tried to charge us $2 for towels we didn’t use, or ASK for. So, we said no, and went back to the hotel...

Really, not feeling this place at it’s pissing it down, we just stay in and watch some movies on this is what travelling’s all about!

Nha Trang