I LOVE SWEDEN

Nacka Travel Blog

This place is so beautiful. I am loving having some alone time. I have been watching a lot of television here since I am trying to catch up on my rest. I watched Speed last night. All American shows are shown in English with Swedish subtitles, so I have been able to understnad everything and also work on my Swedish a little. I have a very long way to go. Tomorrow I am making a pilgrimage to IKEA. It is going to be quite lovely.

I should mention that Sweden is massively expensive. A 20 oz coke here costs around 18kr. Thats nearly $2.50. A value meal at McDonalds is 49kr. Thats $7. But they have very high taxes to pay for their welfare system. So I dont mind paying it that much. Since I am staying in so much, I am actually not spending all that much money.

I went walking down the Drottningsw├Ągen (Queens St). It is amazing. I have photos, but of course I cannot get them up online since I dont have full computer access. I got to see the Royal Palace and the Swedish Parliament (Riksdag) while I was walking around the Gamla Stan (Old City). I am about to hit the grocery store and get stuff to get me through the night while I watch more TV.

Nacka