End of week one

Brussels Travel Blog

So much has already happened and I dont know where to start. I know I have been talking about the things that I have been doing each day so I thought I would talk about some of the more everyday things in this entry. I live in a commune of Brussels called Woulwe-Saint Pierre or Sint-Pïeter-Woluwe, depending on your langauge choice. I live about 5 minutes from the closest bus stop (Montagne des Lapins) on the number 28 bus, which gets me to the Tomberg metro station. From there I am about 10 min from the heart of Brussels. I have become quite a pro at taking public transport here. You have to be. We have one person on our trip that cannot handle it and it is not pretty. She is kinda needy to begin with. I have several people on the trip that I enjoy doing social activities with. We have been known to frequent cafes and bars til late. I have enjoyed the visits we have made and I feel more and more at home everyday. You know how sometimes something just clicks? I am feeling that way about Brussels. It is multilingual, multiethnic, international and open. It just feels right. I really have not missed home too much. I do think about everyone and the dogs but it really has been great here. Speaking of dogs, they are everywhere! They get to go on the metro, in restaurants and cafes, etc. I like it. I'm not so sure that Ajax and Atlas would be big fans, but they would just have to adapt. I am going to go watch the soccer match now. Tomorrow I will go into the adventure that was trying to watch the games yesterday.
Brussels