I hate packing

Atlanta Travel Blog

Its 10pm and I have completed the first attempt at packing, I have overpacked terribly, so I am taking a break and then unpacking and starting over. Its really hard to pack for 6 weeks through Europe in the same bag that I usually pack for a long weekend, and usually go over weight at the airport about half the time. Once the packing is done, its off to bed and up again at 6 to be ready for my ride to the airport and then the extended flight to Vienna (2 airlines and 4 airports). I was talking to my friend Jason today, he is the one who sends me on these journies. We agreed, this is probably the worst day of the trip. Most people assume that a six week trip through Europe is a dream come true. The truth is, today it feels like a nightmare. I am thinking of all the things that I have to do, the things that can go wrong, the early mornings, long bus trips, the strikes in France, the heat in Rome, and on and on and on. An example, today I found out that one of my international students didn't get thier visa for Italy yet and so won't be able to leave tomorrow, but will hopefully be in Vienna by Friday. Problem 1, and I haven't even figured out how much underwear to take. Don't get me wrong, I live for this stuff. Once it starts, its a great experience and I love about 95 percent of it. Today, I am dreading that 5 percent that will make the best stories at the end. Plus, I am thinking of how I don't get to take all my fun pants and great shirts. Then again, I have to think about the first time I go to an H&M in Vienna and replenish my lacking wardrobe.
Atlanta