On the way to San Jose...

San Jose Travel Blog

The flight to San Jose was about 5hrs and I slept most of the way. They served blueberry pancakes and a whole host of other things for breakfast, and then I watched the sun rise over the mountains. I even saw a smoking volcano out of the window which was awesome! When I arrived in San Jose I caught a taxi to Gaudys Hostel and had a shower before passing out on the bed for 5 hours or so. I woke up at about 4:30pm and then at 5:30pm met my Intrepid group. There are 5 Aussies, 2 Swedes, 2 people from the Netherlands, one from Canada, one from the US plus a woman from England who I am sharing with and who is very friendly. Our tour leader is a guy from Guatemala who we call Sammy. After we met we headed for dinner to Lukas' where I had quesadillas and orange juice. They were delicious but I could hardly finish them as I'm so tired I don't have much of an appetite yet. Tomorrow I head to La Fortuna to see active volcanoes and hopefully go white water rafting!
thehappywanderer says:
Glad you've finally made it. wow xmas sounded amazing with 75 ppl...ours was pretty low-key in comparison! the volcanoes sound cool, and food wise ur trip is looking good - not just beans and rice it seems! :) Can't wait to hear more!
Posted on: Dec 27, 2007
Chelsea says:
Hehe, don't fall over and scratch yourself on the volcanoes! Sounds exciting :)
Posted on: Dec 27, 2007