Not AGAIN!

Flores Travel Blog

Got up late as we didn't have to check out of the hotel until 1pm. Spent the morning sleeping, reading, playing a guitar I found in the room above the restaurant, listening to my iPod with my feet dangling into the water, and just generally lazing around. Had a hamburger for early lunch then caught a boat back to the mainland before catching a bus to Flores.

By the time we were nearing Flores I wasn't feeling too crash hot. We checked into our hotel and then headed out to dinner. I just ordered a bottle of water and was hoping that Sharon's suggestion that I just had heat stroke was correct. Went to bed afterwards as we had booked a sunrise tour of the Tikal ruins which required us to be ready to board the minivan at 3:30am the next morning.

Well, I tried in vain to get to sleep but unfortunately I seemed to have got food poisoning again. This time it was just my stomach though which culminated in a nice vomit at 2:15am all over the bathroom and through my hair- I didn't even really care at this point as I was already drenched in sweat and exhausted)- sorry for the graphic descriptions everybody! Besides feeling totally gross I felt a lot better after this and washed my hair before getting on the bus at 3:30am (see next entry).

Flores