Last day on the island

Utila Travel Blog

Terese and I met Row and Sam and we headed to Bundu Cafe for breakfast. It was really delicious and I had hash browns, eggs, toast and a pineapple juice for a very decent price. Afterwards we went and checked the internet before taking a leisurely wander back to the hotel to relax. Eventually Row and I met up with Sammy, our tour guide, and we decided to rent a boat from a local to go to Water Cay, a nearby island that was apparently great for snorkelling. Unfortunately by the time we found somewhere that was cheap enough, we had walked a long way from the hotel, only to realise that neither Sammy or Rowena had enough money! We gave up and whiled away the afternoon at a beach right near the hotel instead.

We headed to Evelyn's BBQ and Grill again for dinner, and I had the grilled chicken again as I had been too scared to eat much of it last time. Also had the worlds best pina colada for the equivalent of less than US$4! Nearly all of us were there for dinner and it was nice to talk to everyone and sit around just soaking up the Bob Marley atmosphere.

After tea we went to a bar called Skid Road or Rock or something for a trivia night. We did pretty well actually and we all think they did the dodgy on us and we should have won the prize. Anyway, we had a good laugh. Most of the questions were either very Pommy-biased or before my time though-for example, I thought I would do well on the kids shows category but I hadn't heard of a single one of them except Sesame Street!

Headed home afterwards as we had to get up at 5am the next morning to catch a ferry back to the mainland.

photo by: Yoshu