Enforced rest day

San Ignacio Travel Blog

Dragged myself out of bed and to the supermarket to get some snacks for the long day. Turned up to the tour operator at 8:30am only to be told that the heavy rainfall overnight and all morning meant we couldn't do the trip as we had to do 3 river crossings just to get to the cave and the water would have been over our heads! They presented another option to us but no one was really keen - I was semi keen but knew I really should just stay in bed for the day so that's what I did, all day. I slept on and off and watched an epic 5hr Michael Jackson movie.

Had dinner at Serendib, a Sri Lankan restaurant next door to the hotel. I ordered chicken curry but once again had zero appetite so could only manage half of the rice. Went to sleep at about 2am after watching loads of television (I don't know how Americans get anything done with all those channels...!).

Reephboy says:
Sheeesh! It's too bad you missed ATM cave. It is really such a fantastic adventure. The hiking and swimming and climbing...anyway. Hopefully you'll make it back sometime.
I always eat at Serendib when I visit Cayo.
In a journey that long, there's always got to be some rest days...hard to just keep going and going...:)
Posted on: Apr 10, 2008