Common or unforgettable???

Monteverde Travel Blog

Monteverde orchids
Well yesterday was a really fun day. We got up late which was nice, and then heading to 100% Aventura for our zip'lining adventure. First of all we had a canopy tour through the cloud forest with a Spanish'German guide who asked me ´have you been to Costa Rica or Monteverde before? Your face looks familiar´. I said ´No, but a lot of people say that, I must have a common face´. Anyway, a few metres up the path he said ´common, or unforgettable?´ Haha! I laughed. He showed us lots of interesting things such as natural velcro, and this tree we could climb right up inside, it was just like the Magic Faraway Tree.
After the canopy tour we went zip'lining. Boy was this fun! The lines differed in length from about 10m to nearly 1km, across the canopies.
Natural tree protection
Its a lot like being on a flying fox except you are harnessed in. We also got to do rapelling where they drop you like a sack of bricks down about 10m before finally stopping you just before you hit the ground, like in the SAS, and also the tarzan swing, where they throw you off the edge of a tower and you go swinging through the forest on a rope about 15m long!!! Really good fun. I´ll have to show you all the video when I get home  cos I am screaming like a banshee!
When we left the zip'lining we went for lunch in the town to the Tree House restaurant, literally built at the top of a tree. It was such nice food and really cheap. We then returned back to Historias Lodge and I went to bed, I have been going to bed about 7pm each night which is quite shameful really but I am just so tired! Unfortunately they were celebrating NYE early and they had loud boom boom karaoke till about midnight, which even with earplugs in you could feel beating in your chest!
Today we are heading to Ometepe in Nicaragua, which is an island in the middle of the lake nearby to two volcanoes. Should be good! Happy New Year to all of you who have already had yours, and I´m looking forward to our big party tonight, if only I can stay awake!
Bye! xox
ashling_gordie says:
Sounds like you had an ace time! :)
Unforgettable for sure :)
I just ate posh chinese food (as in $10ausd as opposed to usual $1-$2 meals) and then sang karaoke, haha.
All the best! xoxo :)
Posted on: Jan 01, 2008
skippyed says:
Happy New Year.. I don't know about there but it was a scorcher here.. 42C! Zip'lining sounds great fun, can't wait to give it a go myself!!! I'm looking up the hotels as you name them they sound OK so far. I always get tired on tours, always on the go and never enough days off to catch up on sleep etc. Sounds like your having a great time though and I look forward to the next blog entry :)
Posted on: Dec 31, 2007
Johan and his elephant ears
Johan and his elephant ears
Zip-lining
Zip-lining
John, Terese, Row and Sam at the T…
John, Terese, Row and Sam at the …
The Treehouse Restaurant