Another long days journey

Antigua Travel Blog

The free salsa lesson (every Wed night at Via Via) on our last night in Copan, Honduras was really fun! Apparently the instructor was on coke which would explain why we did the same basic step about 50 times before we moved on, but regardless we all had a great time. Only 6 of us ended up doing much dancing but we had a good laugh anyway. We then headed to the Red Frog where Row and I had a drink called ´Nectar of the Mayan Gods´ which ended up being about 60% alcohol seeing as the bartender was so drunk. Headed home about midnight.

We didn´t leave till midday on the 10th so did a bit of shopping in the morning. The minivan was very uncomfortable as I was right at the back sitting over the wheel hub. The journey to Antigua in Guatemala was about 6hrs and we finally arrived at about 6pm at a lovely place called Casa En Familia. Our hostess was a lovely woman and the room we got was clean and bright. Unfortunately my roommate decided to crack the shits with me so as a result the next 12hrs were extremely unpleasant.

Dinner would have been good apart from I had no appetite due to feeling depressed and anxious.

Antigua