The day I came to the Monkey Park

Monkey Park Travel Blog

Our room at the house

I asked the hotel staff to wake me up in the morning so I won't miss my bus.

I guess I was too excited or something but I woke my self up an hour before time, and I was on my way to the TRALAPA bus station.

The restaurant/bar at the hostel was closed so I was really hungry… The taxi dropped me off at the bus station; I got my ticket, a bus to FLAMINGO PLAYA that leaves at 8:00.

I had an hour maybe less to waste, so what better is then getting some food? Everything was closed except a little grocery, so I ended up buying cookies for breakfast.

I decided to take my backpack with me on the bus, it didn't make the ride any comfortable … but it's better then getting somewhere without my things.

We had one stop on the way after an hour at a little stopping point where I got me some breakfast J

After growling 4.

Our room at the house
5 hours I got to the Monkey Park!

A nice guard opened the gate for me and pointed the gift shop where I could find Vennesa, the park manager.

Vennesa and Angelica took me with the jip to the house on the hill where I would spend the next 4 weeks.

And there was the "Family" Tracy (a lady from Scotland, In charge of all volunteers), Donja (a volunteer from Switzerland doing her final week), Elena (a girl from LA), Carlos (a Costa Rican guy who was working on his University Theses about monkeys), Chris (Costa Rican who was taking care of all animals at the park for the last 2 years) and the baby porcupine that was climbing all over me.

They all could speak Spanish!!! I felt a little lost L

Tracy took me on a mini tour of the park to see al the animals, monkeys, parrots, raccoons, deer, crocks, pelican, owl and a big cat.

After a quick (cold) shower I fell asleep and woke up of smell of food, we took turns cooking and this time Tracy cooked.

After dinner you can do whatever you want, we had a small library, TV (with one channel) and baby porcupine.

I went to sleep really early J

Arenita, aka- Arena
The park
Me and the baby
Me and the baby
Scarlet Macaw- aka MONSTERS
Reinbow Toucan (Tuki-Tuki) and Dun…
Reinbow Toucan (Tuki-Tuki) and Du…
White Fronted parrots