Travbuddy Meet Up Ireland 2007

Bunratty Travel Blog

Travbuddy Meet Up @ Durty Nelly's Pub

The first Travbuddy Meet Up took place in Bunratty, Ireland. We meet at the Durty Nelly’s Irish Pub at 16:00 hours (04:00 PM) to meet and greet the fellow Travbuddy members. I meet Travelman727, Eric, Angela, Matt, Ryan, Eoin, Amanda, Dave, Lucas, Juan, Tiro and etc…

After the meet and greet, We headed to the Creamery Bar for a delicious Irish dinner. I had a cheeseburger.  J What are the odds? I took a transatlantic flight from New York City to Ireland to have a Cheeseburger. It was delicious. The important thing was that we had a great time and drank Guinness beer.  Guinness is the most recognized Irish brewed beer.  I also tried Irish stew on a different day (for the record).

After dinner at the Creamery Bar we headed to Durty Nelly’s Pub to watch a Rugby game.

The Group @ Durty Nelly's
It was France against Ireland. It was the first time I watched a Rugby game. I didn’t understand the concept but enjoyed drinking Guinness and cheering in the game.  Even dough I didn’t know what was going on until someone scored points or goal. J

France defeated Ireland. I don’t recall the final score.

After the game we went to the lower area of the Pub enjoyed classical “Irish” songs. The locals played the instruments, began singing and the crowed (travbuddies included) followed.

The singing came to and end. We chilled around for awhile and headed back to the Creamery Bar. We drank, sang and talked about our experiences. Everyone seemed Happy, Happy, Happy just like the award. J We took a couple of group photos and socialized with locals. One of them even joined the Travbuddy Squad on the spot. The atmosphere was GREAT!

Every thing that has a beginning was and end. Eventually the Creamery Bar reached closing hours and began sending people OUT! L  We obeyed there rules and exited the Creamery Bar and hanged around for a little while and headed to the different hotels.

The Travbuddy Get Together was a complete BLAST!  I had a great time and I’m happy I got to meet fellow Travbuddies.

Overall it was an awesome and unique experience.

mego2 says:
How fun!!!
Posted on: Nov 08, 2010
AndiPerullo says:
I'm delighted that so many of you were able to meetup and in such a fun place. I hope to make the next one!!! :)
Posted on: Sep 27, 2007
kiwiasli says:
Would love to go to one of those meet ups!Sounds like a lot of fun!
Posted on: Sep 27, 2007
Travbuddy Meet Up @ Durty Nellys …
Travbuddy Meet Up @ Durty Nelly's…
The Group @ Durty Nellys