Count down: 39 days left

Elverum Travel Blog

It's getting closer.  Very close actually.  Next month we start our trip!  I can't wait till I have my bags packed and I can leave this cold and dark country for 4 months.  Mom is nervous, of course.  Dad is too.  My sister isn't that interested and my brother.. well, I kinda think he wishes it was him that travel like this.

Every day I try to imagine how it will be like.  A part of me haven't even realized I'm going.  Waking up in Elverum on February 14th, a tiny and quiet town.  Snow and minus degrees.. it'll be a huge contrast waking up in New Delhi on February 15th.

We've booked quite a few things for this trip.  Tiger safari in Ranthmabore, India.  A King of the Jungle tour in the Amazon, Brazil and we're also going hiking up to Machu Picchu in Peru.  It's good to have a few things booked and paid for.  That way it's easier to see how much money we have left, and how much more we need to save.

Visa for Cuba, India and China is taken care of, vaccination is taken care of, extra batteries for my camera is taken care of.. plus 15 DV tapes for the video camera we're bringing.

I'm excited, nervous, a bit scared.. but all in a good way.  I'm really looking forward to share my experiences along the way :)

Elverum