Cliffs of Moher and back to Dublin

Cliffs of Moher Travel Blog

Dolores made us the best breakfast we’ve had in Ireland so far! She was so nice even when we told her we were not staying that night.  By the way we also met her mother and her name was also Spanish hahahha.

We were supposed to meet Angela and Amanda at 9:30am but they had some trouble with the rental car and we could not drive together to the Cliffs of Moher. It took us around an hour to get to the cliffs from Bunratty. I highly recomend to rent a GPS…It is so easy to get to places in time with that… still don´t know how I could live without it in the past!

We drove straight from Bunratty to Liscannor and from there we went north towards  Doolin.
In the middle of the way we reached The Cliffs. Once you get there you have to park the car in the parking lot which costs around 8 euros for a day. You will find many store son the right hand side as you get closer to the cliffs. The first think we did was to go all the way up to the right until we reached a small castle. By the way, there we met Eric, Dave and Ryan. They were alive so that means they couldn´t go surfing! ☺ Our community is still safe! ☺ On the way we found a nice lady playing the arp with such a beautiful and sweet voice… Now I regret I didn´t buy her  CD ☹

Once we visited the Castle we went down hill and then we started going up the other side (left). There was a moment where we found a “Non trespassing sign” but we kept going. At the distance we saw another castle, and to tell you the truth it seemed to be quite close… so we started heading to it… shoot! We walked for almost an hour, so I guess that it was almost 6kms from the starting point….
It was a little bit cold but on the way back I was sweating like a pig….! We took many photos i am ataching to the blog!... if you go there do not miss this walk! I would even recommend you to take a picnic with you and have lunch at the end of the walk! It was a beautiful site, and there were only 3 or 4 people on the way. The castle was not well preserved, but it was fun to get there. And the scenary was just superb! Nothing alike… It was so beautiful to see those high cliffs, the breeze, the flowers, everything so green and paceful! If you did not have the chance to bring a picnic with you, try to get some things in the restaurant you will find in the starting point.

Another option I would recommend is to go there during sunset. We were quite lucky as the day was very sunny. Try to avoid going there on a cloudy or rainy day, as you will miss a lot!

Well, the walk took us almost two and ½ hours so by the time  we finished we were starving! From there we went to Doolin to have lunch! We checked the Lonely Planet to choose a restaurant.
We chose O’Connor’s and we had an Irish stew and a Guiness! There we came across Elliot, so he joined us for lunch! After lunch we walked along the main road in Dooling and we ended up in a small coffee. Lucas and Juan had a Capuccino and I had a nice Irisch coffee! One of my favourite drinks in Ireland! ☺

Around 3 o’clock we turned on our GPS and we headed Dublin! Damn! The roads were so bad during most of the way… again it took us for ever to cross from side to side. As we had no hotel for that night, we started calling all hotels listed in our Lonely Planet. Most of the hotels were fully booked so we had to stay in a pricy hotel. The building was beautiful as it was a beautiful Victorian House. I am attaching a  review!

Once we got there we took a shower and we headed towads Temple Bar. What a fun place! It was Saturday night and everything was crazy! Tons of people in the pubs, walking in the streets, hen parties all over the place… shit! I am moving to Dublin hahahah
Sele says:
Qué envidia colega. Moher!! Qué ganas tengo de ir allí!
Posted on: Sep 26, 2007
X_Drive says:
Thanks for sharing all of this blog... We all wish we could have been there. You did a nice job of capturing the fun and included great pictures.
Posted on: Sep 24, 2007