First day in Ireland

Dublin Travel Blog

Today I rushed all day, I had so many things to get done before I left to Ireland. I had a long list but one of the most important ones was to clean my camera. It is a pain in the arse when I have a spot in the sensor and I have to go through the whole cleaning process. It normally takes me more than half an hour to do it well. For some reason digital SLR cameras got worst in that sense.

I finished everything I had to do in the office and then I headed home to finish my suitcase and clean my camera. Damn! I didn´t even have time to eat, I took a fast shower and I went straight to the airport. Since the new security enforcement at the airports it takes for ever to do the check-in! I met Juan (another travbuddy) at the Ryann airlines counter. All the way during the flight we were talking about the many guiness we were going to have when we got to Dublin.
By the way, as we couldn’t find any direct flights to Shannon, we flu to Dublin, which on a way was even more fun as we have the opportunity to visit a new city.

As soon as we got to Dublin´s airport we caught a cab and we drove to the hotel. Damn we have been so lucky. The hotel is in the very center of the city, 10minutes walking distance from Temple Bar and next to one of the nicest clubs in the city. We left all our luggage in the room and we walked to a restaurant an Irish travbuddy recommended to us in Temple Bar Area. I am attaching a review about it.

Everything was so beautiful, buildings are very low, not more than two or three floors and they have this cute look. It was Thursday night but pubs were totally packed.
One of the most surprising things is the number of pubs you find in Dublin!

Lucas (travbuddy) arrived around 11pm from Barcelona. At that time Juan and I were already quite tipsy! We had so many Guiness in a couple of hours! We met with Lucas in Club M, which was quite fun! Anofther fact that was really surprising was the number of Spanish people visiting or living in Dublin! I am still wondering the reason for that.

The night ended up being quite long and I ended up having a slice of pizza at 2 or 3 am! This is something I used to do in the USA when I lived there!...
Today I have a big hangover! As I am writting this blog my head is spinning…. Waiting for the guys in the cafeteria having breakfast….
kingelvis14 says:
I noticed, too, that Dublin is just full of folks from all over the world. Australia, Japan, Germany, Spain, etc. If you want to meet Irish, the countryside is the best.
Posted on: Jan 05, 2008
pacovera says:
Que bueno esos momentos que seguron pasaron. Esta es una de las cosas buenas de internet, el conocer gente y ser participe de sus momentos. Me hubiera gustado ir, pero por circunstancias familiares no pude, otra vez sera.
Saludos desde Tenerife. Paco.
Posted on: Oct 05, 2007
Sele says:
Me dio una rabia (y un cabreo) no haber ido...pero me fue imposible. Éstuve pendiente de vuelos hasta el último momento. Aunque está claro que la cosa salió bien.

Posted on: Sep 26, 2007
Dublin Hostels review
Budget Hostel Accomodation. If you are looking for some very unexpensive, they had an offer for 18 euros per night/bed & continental breakfast. Althou… read entire review
Dublin Hotels & Accommodations review
This hotel is very well located. It is in the center of they city, 10 minutes walking distance from Temple Bar Area. We found this hotel at http://dub… read entire review
Dublin Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
They recommended to us this restaurant in our hotel and it was very good indeed. It seems to be that it is quite touristic but it is good anyways. It … read entire review
photo by: fransglobal