Botanical Gardens

Vancouver Travel Blog

A foggy look at Horseshoe Bay
Today Barry & I met with Peter Zweber (Wexxar), and Kevin Kane (Ralston Foods) to visit the Wexxar plant for the machine check-out.  Luckily, the lidder machine ran well!  I toured the plant, saw the machine run, & left them to work out the technical matters.  I was on my own!  My first stop was the University of British Columbia Botanical Gardens in Vancouver.  It was a gray, cloudy, cool day (20 degrees C), perfect to walk through the gardens.  They have a wonderful location with an Asian garden, alpine garden, vegetable garden, physick garden (a planting of medicinal plants from earlier times), and a planting of local plants, including the tall, tall trees and large ferns now so familiar to us.  After walking through the Garden, I drove a bit further to the central university location to tour the Nitobe Memorial Garden.  This is a traditional Japanese garden, planted and maintained beautifully in true relaxation and contemplation form.  It had started to rain steadily as I parked the car in a campus garage; a friendly attendant offered to loan me an umbrella for my walk!  How nice!  I found a little campus cafe nearby and enjoyed a tea and muffin in a dry location!
Back at the hotel, I met Barry, Peter, Kevin and Kevin's wife, Melissa, and baby son, Joshua for dinner.  We drove over to Steveston ( a town a bit south) and enjoyed dinner overlooking the foggy Strait of Georgia.
UBC Botanical Gardens
UBC Botanical Gardens
Vancouver Sights & Attractions review
A relaxing, contemplative, introspective Japanese garden.  Well worth the tiny amount of  time it takes to circle the quiet paths around the… read entire review
Vancouver