Meeting Stephenie Meyer.

Kansas City Travel Blog

2 fellow twilighters.
Last night I went to the Stephenie Meyer book signing and had a blast! I got in line around 2 pm and was the 8th person in line. We sat outside and I chatted with all my twilightmoms I met, a couple girls from Kentucky & a mom and son from Illinois. I've never had more twilight conversation than I did yesterday and it was deep, insightful conversation, which was fantastic. Coby (the boy from Illinois w/his mom) and I bantered back and forth about Jacob. He's a adamant Edward fan and dislikes Jacob (which is ok) and I'm Switzerland, I like both of them. As we were sitting outside we were speculating which hotel SM was staying in and this one was right across the street.

As we got inside we grabbed our Host books and grabbed a seat. I got a seat in the front row a little to the left along with all the other TMs.
Stephenie came out and answered a question then read a section of Chapter 11 from The Host to us, then she answered some more questions. She's so down to earth and sweet it's unbelievable! One of the questions that I personally loved was, "What has changed about you since becoming a famous author?" She said that not a lot on the outside had changed, it was all change inside of her. Sure she had a few new "toys" in the garage but the biggest thing that had changed inside of her was the ability to know she could write something people would like. She had to jump over the hurdle of thinking people wouldn't like what she wrote and it wasn't a personal self esteem issue it was a issue with thinking no one would like her stories. She mentioned that she was very shy and would rather be sitting with us in the audience and that she was hyperventilating backstage before coming out.
At the very end she said she was thankful for everyone enjoying her books, showing up to her signings and for smiling at her. She was on the verge of tears and I think everyone in the audience wanted to run up and hug her.

She then started signing books, I moved a few seats down by Candace (a fellow TMs) to take pictures of Stephenie head on instead of from the left and she realized there were a few people who were on crutches and a lady in a wheel chair that needed their book signed. So she got up and came right at us!! I got the best pictures of the night from that one moment, so enjoy!

When I got up to her to have my book signed she said hi to me and I asked her how she was liking Kansas City and she said she really loved it, that the tulips were amazing. She even addressed this in the Q&A section, where she said the best thing about KC was that the tulips grew right up out of the ground here. LOL I thought it was cute because where she's from tulips don't grow that well or at all. It took her about 4 hours to sign everyone's book and she was fantastic through it all. If you get a chance to go see her you should definitely do it.

Sheraton suites.