2 More Days...

Atlanta Travel Blog

This morning saw the completion of the pre-departure portion of the trip and anything tedious standing between me and a flight to Spain. The composers test I took this morning was ridiculous...and by ridiculous, I mean that it left me sore after I left the classroom. Upon discussing it with the others in the class, I think it's safe to say that everyone felt slightly less than confident with their performance on the test. Luckily, I did well on the first two assignments, so I am afforded a bit of breathing room for this test. For the art history class, I had to submit a proposal for the research paper I am going to complete while traveling continental Europe. The topic I chose to study is the use/liberation of brushwork as an expressive device in modern European painting, that from early Renaissance up to Surrealism. I will be sure to include updates as to how that is coming along throughout the trip.

My flight leaves at 6:00-ish PM on Wednesday, so I will have the next day or so to relax in preparation for the trip. Tomorrow, Mom and Jim are coming up to Atlanta, and I will be taking them by the aquarium in the afternoon, as a sort of early birthday gift for Jim. Other than that, a couple loads of laundry, and a few petty errands, I am all set to leave for Europe. Be on the lookout for an update (and hopefully pictures) from Madrid in the next few days!
Atlanta