Pre-Departure

Atlanta Travel Blog

Today marks the second day of classes here in Atlanta, with only 5 more days of class between me and a flight to Madrid! Every day this week, including Saturday, I will be spending 4 hours in the classroom (2 for composers and 2 for a special topics art history course). The pre-departure classes will conclude next Monday with exams and then the real fun will begin. I have really enjoyed the composers class so far, and I am looking forward to traveling with Professor Mendola for the summer. The art history class, on the other hand, has yet to fully stimulate my interest. I have taken the course before with a different professor (hence the special topics), so the fact that I already know the material combined with the teacher's dry lectures gives little incentive for not dozing off. One other girl in the class has completed the course, and so we will both be participating in the special topics section. The only distinction between the regular course and the special topics section is that we will be required to complete a research paper in lieu of the first test. Frankly, I would much rather take the test, but we will see how things go. He has given us the option of collaborating, so we will most likely take that route.

Other than the whole class thing, I am really excited about this summer. I love traveling, which was my very motive for signing up for the trip. To quickly run through the itinerary, the first 5 weeks will be spent traveling through Spain, Italy, Switzerland, and France, and the program will conclude at Oxford University where I will [hopefully] be taking side trips to Ireland, Scotland, and Germany among other places. Feel free to email me at any time (djkessler3@gmail.com). I look forward to sharing my experiences with you!
Jeroenadmiraal says:
Nice blog! I really enjoyed seeing Europe through your eyes.
Posted on: May 16, 2013