My second full day in Q`town

Queenstown Travel Blog

Quadbiking

Another early start! The van came and picked me up for the quad biking. It wasn`t as fun as I thought it would be, and I didn`t feel very comfortable doing the terrain. So after a while doing it, I opted out. But I rode enough to hurt my right thumb! But didn`t mind too much, it`s once in a lifetime.

I came back to the city, and went for a jetboat ride on the Shotover river. This was fun, much much better than the Makarora one. And the water, good Lord! So f*cking blue! I just loved it. Finished that and then came my BIG tragedy of the trip - the bloody camera wouldn`t work! Don`t know why. I rushed to Q`town, found a Canon store and bought an S60 camera there for about a US$ 430. I really felt bad but I didn`t want to miss all the gorg pictures and stuff, so just bought it. It was around 2pm and time to go for the `Lord Of The Rings` ride.

Shotover River, Queenstown
This was again at Glenorchy. The crowd was dead boring - a Haitian living in Dallas, a London girl who just finished her GSCs and 3 Swedish girls that sat at the back and kept whispering to themselves. The trip I thought was a bore, a waste of money and although we got to see some interesting sights, the guide/driver and the general crowd wasn`t very sportive. My favourite moment was when we went walking through those woods leading up to the point where we were walking parallel to the river. It was surreal.

Our drive back agian was nice, we went on the same route as y`day and I saw the same islands and scenic shots. Lovely, again. We stopped by at a place called `8 Mile delta` again where LOTR was shot.

Reached Q`town by 7pm, had dinner and hung out with the crowd @ "Altitude". It was quite a nice night. There was that pole/limbo competition which a cute Dutch girl won, some Hawaii night going on and lots of 80s cheesy music playing. I liked it overall, had a good time and bonded well with Katrina, Martin, Ciara and Helen.

Got back to the room around 1am.

Jetboating on Shotover River