Getting ready for Queenstown!

Makarora Travel Blog

Our jetboat arrives

Good sleep, good time getting ready on Friday morning, crispy sunny weather and off we go to Queenstown. We stopped for breakfast and jetboat ride at Makarora which was fun. We also stopped at Wanaka where some of us (me included) went to the Puzzleworld and tried the maze. Others went to the city itself.

We then drove to Queenstown. En route, we stopped over at AJ Hacket`s bungee jumping site. Few of the girls did it. It was thrilling just watching them do it. I`d never dare! We went from there to Q`town itself. Q`town is a gorgeous city, built around hilly sides near the Remarkables mountain range, and the Wakatipu lake, it`s really picture perfect. The hostel - "Discovery Lodge" was more like a hotel itself. Multistoreyed, posh rooms and lifts! My roommates for the next three nights were the Irish girls Karen, Ciara and Emily, and a Mancunian bloke Rick.

I didn`t do much tonight. After we reached Q`town, I went up to the Travel Centre in the hotel and booked my activities for the wknd. I had an early dinner (fish and chips, and curry + rice) and then headed for a nice long walk by the Lake harbour. It was awesome. Nice city, very lively. Got back, went to a pub with the group and called it an early night by 11pm. Felt good today, moderately active day I reckoned.

Vikram says:
Tell me about it!!
Posted on: Jan 02, 2016
Besandri says:
You need plenty of money to visit Queenstown.
You can do lots of activities there but everything is so expensive
Posted on: Jan 02, 2016