Around the Caitlins

Dunedin Travel Blog

Black seals

We had good sleep, and a leisurely start to the day as the bus would pick us up only at 10am. I quite liked our journey here onwards as we went to the lovely Caitlins forest. First stop was the beach where we saw wild seals, we walked on the beach and then stopped by a roadside cafe for takeaway lunch. I took tons of pictures for this one!

We then went to another point where there were lots of boulders, although the name escapes me. It had a lighthouse and all.

We finally reached Dunedin around 5pm. Checked into the room and went for a walk around the city / grocery shopping with both Marina and Paul. Had risotto for dinner. Saw the famous railway station as well as the Cadbury`s factory from outside. Went for a walk on my own later for some pictures. Got back, had an early dinner and socialised quite a bit!

I had 3 charming German roommates along with Rick. Kai, Dirk and another one all work for Deutche Bank s/w division, so I had some geeks that I could talk to! I went out for drinks with the gorgeous Emily (from Kiwi Experience), Allison, Juliette and another Irish guy from our Stray. Got back around 12 midnight and headed to bed. Didn`t do much physical activity but got a lot of evening drinks and socialising done. So me pleased as punch.

Dunedin Railway station
Steve and me
Steve and me
with Dirk
with Dirk
Steepest Street in the world!
Steepest Street in the world!
Dunedin