Individual Blog # 2 - Week 1 (Who likes to Tango!!??)

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

Senor Tango!!
Tango shows...hmm...I gotta say that I'm addicted to them now.  I loved the show at Georgia Tech and I loved the show here in Buenos Aires.  The dance is incredible and very sultry and sensual.  Is the latter part the reason why I like it?  But of course!!  No seriously though, the dancing and the music are really fun to watch and every time I see it, I wish I could do half as much.  Of course the male and female dancers are all handsome and beautiful, as they should be; but the way everything is choreographed and the encompassing music in the background is what gives the show merit.

From what I understand, the dance originated in a strange manner (men waiting in brothels for "their turn" or so to speak).

tango dancers posing for us
  This is probably what gives the dance such a sensual tone.  Of course the dance used to be just between men, so I'm not sure when women actually started to tango.  To be honest with you, I wouldn't go see a show of just men doing tango, which is what I originally thought I was seeing when I first viewed the tango show at Georgia Tech.  The show began with men dancing with other men.  I was like, "umm what are we watching"?  This is tango??  I was pleased to quickly learn that there were also female dancers in that show.

As to which show I like better (the one at GT or this one, since I've only seen 2 tango shows in my life), I would have to say that both had their ups and downs.  The show at GT had one dancer who impressed me with doing these dances w/ tools like a ladder and a table, while the one in Buenos Aires didn't have any of that.  However, Buenos Aires did have horses come out at the beginning and aerial acrobatics, which made up for it, along w/ more than just a few dancers.  They even had American Indians come out and play on instruments here in Argentina.  The atmosphere was definitely better here, as it should be.  We are in "tango city" here, so if it's not good here, then it can't be good elsewhere.

What was my favorite part of the show here in Buenos Aires?  Hmm...the girl in orange?  The scene with all the girls together on the stage by themselves?  =)  Well, if you really want to know, you'll have to ask me in person about that.  Would I recommend seeing a tango show?  Absolutely!  It's a must see, and if you're ever in Buenos Aires Argentina, come visit Senor Tango and watch their show.

Soo, who wants to tango??...

Buenos Aires Sights & Attractions review
If you come to visit Buenos Aires, you must see the tango show at Senor Tango!  The show is incredible and the dancers are very talented.  T… read entire review