The local fire

Lubbeek Travel Blog

November 10

A fully quiet day, it is grey and cold outside and we are in Lubbeek so not a lot of opportunities.

Autumn Harvest near Lubbeek
As usual I sleep late and Stan is up early and do some sort of long sports training. He only came back late and we mainly had food and spent hours talking about a lot of different stuff. I was complaining a bit that we weren’t meeting anyone (in a way I can admit that I have a mixed feeling of meeting girls, but not meeting girls… more higher my opportunity to meet someone and since I already like and know the country. I am interested in it, but I never see that chance happening, especially since Belgians are a bit xenophobes and you don’t manage to get to speak with them).

So, by the evening, Stan offered to go visit a photo exhibit in Lubeek hall (which was really lovely, wonderful photos and I so wish I had that talent myself) before going to the annual fire of the village. It seems that every year around this time there is a fire, which is most likely organised in commemoration of the Saint of the village. That was tame though, a bit in accordance to what I said previously.

November 11

I walked on the countryside of Lubbeek by midday on a cold autumn day. I really just went randomly and walked from Stan’s parents house and then cut through the farmer’s paths as matter to do some pictures of the autumn craze. The sun on the non-harvested crops was giving really amazing sight.

Autumn Harvest near Lubbeek
I ended up making a long tour.

Once I was back at Stan’s house (he was absent) I organised to meet up with the neighbour of Stan who are HC (hospitality Club) members. They were also pretty much into some international craze, having a student staying over their place. They weren’t fully active on HC (and in Lubbeek it would still be hard) but at least I now gave them the opportunity to put a face to the website and have it be less technical.

Also for today, I am wishing a lovely Remembrance Day!!

In Belgium, remember and find all the poppies. (In Flanders field!)

November 12

By Midday, Stan dropped me along the Tiensesteenweg so that I could head down to E40 highway and started to hitch back to Brussels, hitching went well, as usual. Not too long after then I was being dropped not far from Achim’s place and went there, relaxing and watching a movie until he came back from work. Achim had still invited me to stay over, but of course a break in Leuven – Lubbeek gave me the opportunity to do something.

photo by: maplefanta