Job seeking

London Travel Blog

October 23

Made it to London and stayed at Aga, lovely dinner, I just prepared my clothes for the interview the next day, although I do not have any interview clothes. I still look shabby.
October 24

I left by the morning, bought a ticket to Croydon and tried to find the office. That was bloody hard, especially since they didn't reply to my mail asking for direction so I went with my guts and walked around for long ... I left way in advance but I did manage to find the place just on time. I learned upon arrival that the person I had been in contact to was sick or away. So I talked and handle my cv with another person in that office, it went alright and not really long.

Immediately afterwards I just took the time to walk a bit in Croydon, so I had a tiny bit of that Greater London Surrey suburb, and also did travel on the Tram link before heading back to London.
October 25

Rainy day, really bad and lost lazy day then. I only ventured outside to go to the job centre and the library to collect some information and documents. Otherwise, well I started watching 'Friends' on aga's computer.

October 26

Long departure from London, heading to Brussels by hitching so that I would be there for Frank's birthday party. Really nothing planned though, just left the key at Aga's place and packed what I needed and head out of town to the hitching spot near Mottingham. Crossing London is long and the weather wasn't best in the morning, not to forget that the days are short now.

I got a lift quite fine and quick finally from the Shell petrol station but to the first Services before the M25 which was really bad. There was a Eurolines Buses broken down and I was thinking for a moment to sneak into the replacement bus that came to pick the passenger. But I did not, it took me ages from there before I caught a lift to Maidstones Services finally and then it isn't always more easy but I kept on going and finally someone offered me to bring to the Tunnel Entrance... I was doubtful but did it, finally it revealed being really good. I stood behind a viaduc far from the check-in gate and showed a sign. It didn't take long before a belgian driver pulled over to pick me! Yeah!
photo by: ulysses