Back in Dorset

Sturminster-Newton Travel Blog

Old Mill by the River Stour - Sturminster-Newton
October 19

I made my way to Exeter and he left me directly on the highway, that was a bit rough though to walk out through the fence and the industrial estate, reaching the street and then finding the way to get back to the highway at a right place, but then I was heading east instead on the local road towards Exeter airport and Dorset.
I found a spot, not the best but feasable and hitched from there. After maybe 20 minutes + a car stopped and I would have a ride till most of the way. The driver didn't really know which road to take and he was fine with taking the panoramic road which we did. After further talk, it happened he was going all the way to Sturminster. That was perfect!
He was actually even passing in front of the road to John. So that was really the perfect ride as I arrived after dark in Sturminster and didn't even have to disturb John that I was stuck somewhere on the way.

I walked the tiny edgy road to his house in the dark and made it home. It is such a warm welcoming house. Always with some more modification in the constant renovation. It is nice to see. We cooked a lovely veggie meal (it is always well healthy meal with John) and talked a bit about everything, talking about work and my CV and job search.
John gave me some really valuable tips.
Old Mill by the River Stour - Stur…
Old Mill by the River Stour - Stu…
John by the old mill bridge