Something Strange!

Manuel Antonio Travel Blog

Its always fun seeing something new when you are diving in the same places. It just adds something when you are diving with people that will actually appreciate it. I have already resigned myself to the fact that noone diving around here gets excited about nudibranchs as i do but I am determined in my classes to pass on my passion none the less. maybe with something bigger I was thinking the enormity and excitement of discovering soemthing that according to books, was not meant to be in this area, might get my divers excited. However, as I have discovered whilst I have been teaching, everything is amazing on their first few trips in the water, and subsequently one unique find is not going to be as impressive. I use for example a DSD I took out last week. Dropped onto a sand patch with about 15ft viz start the dive and I notice what looks like a ray. start pointing it out then realize thats its not a ray but a guitar fish. THis is definately one of those “where’s my camera” moments. Hang around it for about 3 minutes and continue the dive, plenty of fish and lobsters as we continue. Hit the surface and I cannot get the smile off my face. Back at the shop my student was definately more enthused about the lobsters and the parrotfish. At least we both took soemthing brilliant from the dive.
scubagirl76 says:
I understand the sentiment :)
Posted on: Jan 05, 2008