Some Highlights of Singapore

Singapore Travel Blog

Singapore is a beautiful and very clean place but unfortunately I was only able to stay there for three days. I went there and to Sri Lanka with two friends from both primary and high school, Sarah and Sonari.

The first thing we noticed about singapore was how cheap the taxis were; they are about half the price of the cost of taxis here! And they were everywhere and easy to hail.

One of the highlights for me was when we discovered Orchard Rd, a street full of shopping malls and designer labels. I was even happier to discover that Orchard Rd contained two Zara outlets. Now if you haven't heard of Zara, it is a chain store which began in Spain and is filled with affordable and very fashionable clothing and I thought only existed in Europe. Upon entering, Sarah and Sonari couldn't understand my enthusiasm for Zara. Ten minutes later they both had armfuls of clothing they wanted to buy. We ended up going back to Zara two more times, lol :)

Another highlight was the light and water show at Sentosa island. The storyline of this show is aimed towards children but the light and water displays were spectacular and could be enjoyed by anyone of any age. Although I must say that one of the lowlights was at Sentosa island also. We went to this show which talked about how Singapore was founded. It was interesting, until we had to walk through corridors filled with scary mannequins representing different eras and parts of history. It only got worse when we entered the corridors with moving mannequins! It felt like it would never end and Sarah couldn't stop laughing at me. I don't recommend this show to anyone who finds moving, realistic mannequins scary.

The third highlight of my trip and probably the one I enjoyed the most was the Singapore Botanic gardens. They are far larger than what we have here in Melbourne and you could spend hours there. It took many years for them to develop it but the effort has payed off. If you were to visit Singapore, the Botanic gardens are a must to see.

This was just a brief account of the highlights of Singapore, hope you enjoyed :)