Rockclimbing

Hendersonville Travel Blog

After climbing these very same waterfalls on Easter Sunday, my cousins Brad, Jonathan and myself decided it was time to make a return trip out to DuPont State Park in North Carolina.  This time, however, we were joined by my brothers Scott and Justin and my cousin Caitie.  We're a family of rebels, we do whatever we want when we want and we live life to the fullest.  This being said, when we saw a sign warning hikers to stay on the hiking trail we naturally wandered off of the trail as soon as possible.  We followed the river upstream stepping over branches and scaling rocks along the way.  Together we are fearless and strong, willing to tackle anything, including the waterfalls that stood before us.

The first falls we encountered were called Triple Falls.

It was three falls that cascaded one after the other.  Jonathan, Brad and I had already climbed these and the six of us basically followed the same path we did before.  By the time we reached the top of the third slippery water fall we looked up to the observation deck and there were our parents looking down at us.  My mother later told me that she knew as soon as she saw people standing on the falls in the distance that it was us.  I guess we're pretty predictable.  The rest of the falls were just as easy to climb for us.  We didn't have any clips or ropes, all we had was our own abilities, the helping hand of a family member and the determination to climb up all of the falls.   We climbed all of the falls at the park with the exception of the very biggest of them all.
  I can't remember if that was was Bridal Veil Falls or High Falls, all I know is that it was steep and dangerous.  Jonathan and Justin did climb it however.  While they did this the rest of us played with bubbles and bouncy balls that we had packed for the hike.  We remember to bring stupid things that like but forgot the water.  That's how we are.

We determined that getting back down to the parking lot would be a lot easier using the walking trails rather than climbing down the falls.  I have to say, the trails were harder than climbing the falls!  They were steep, rough and wet from rain.  I can't wait for my next visit to Nana's house so us kids can do this all over again.

Bridal Veil Falls
Bubbles?
Bubbles?
Triple Falls
Triple Falls
I failed to mention I got stuck in…
I failed to mention I got stuck i…
Hendersonville