Pisgah...again!

Hendersonville Travel Blog

A wild orchid

This morning we woke up and headed west to Pisgah National Forest, which is one of my favorite places in the world.  I visit the park at least once a year and take my camera with me every time.  I can only seem to capture tiny fragments of the park's beauty each time that I visit.  We headed to looking glass falls, a waterfall that I have photographed many times.  The roadway takes you to a great look out point andwooden stairs lead down to the river in which the falls gracifully cascade into.  Jonathan and I took several pictures of the falls but were so anxious to head over to Asheville that we didn't stay long.

For lunch we ate at my FAVORITE Mexican place in Hendersonville in honor of Cinco de Mayo.

An old wooden fence at Pisgah
I dropped my nana back off at her house and Jonathan and I drove the 30 minute trek to Asheville.  Thanks to my handy iPhone I was able to find our destination with ease.   Our destination?  The Orange Peel, a concert venue in the heart of Asheville.  Before the concert, featuring my favorite band Hanson, we went on a mile long barefoot walk to raise awareness for shoe drive the band is orchestrating.  Hanson has partnered up with Tom's Shoes, a great company who donates a pair of shoes to someone in Africa for every pair of shoes they sell.  At the end of 2007, Hanson made a trip to Africa and delivered 100,000 pairs of shoes to people in need.  They are planning on making their next trip soon to deliver even more shoes.

Looking Glass Falls