Orlando for concerts

Orlando Travel Blog

I have returned for my 2 days in Orlando.  It was flipping awesome.  Sunday morning Michelle picked me up at 11:01 sharp, we hit the ATM, filled up on gas and we were off to Orlando.  When we got there we check into our hotel The Hilton at Disney Property.  That place was wicked nice and had the most comfortable bed I had ever slept in, plus the sheets were high thread count so I felt right at home.  I know, I'm a snob.

We chilled out at the hotel for a few minutes before we headed to Downtown Disney.  We did the proverbial shops before we went to dinner at the House of Blues.  We ate here because tonight we would be attending a concert at the venue and if you eat dinner there you get to do a pass the line option.

After the concert, We went back to the hotel and tried going swimming but they had just closed the pool so we laid in bed and watched TV before we finally hit the sack.  When we woke up we got ready for the day.  When we got to Downtown Disney we had lunch at the way over-priced McDonalds after we hit a few of the shops.  Next we took our boat out.  That was tons of fun.  I only hit one other boat :) :) :)  Not too shabby.  Our man Calvin though Michelle was a celebrity again, it was crazy.  It ended up pouring right after we got off the boat so we played in "Once Upon A Toy".  We had so much fun.  I found these Mickey Cooter grabbers and attacked Michelle, she found boobie grabbers and did the same.  We made our usual crowns, sword fought, threw balls at each other, etc.  It was so much fun.

For dinner we at at Bongos which is a Cuban place located at Downtown Disney. The service sucked.  We were the only 2 English speaking people there so the staff ignored us.  It's funny because when she asked how many people were in our party I almost answered "Dos gente por favor" had I done that we probably would have gotten better service.

We went back to the House of Blues tonight because were were going to another concert here.  This time we were seeing Yellowcard. It was a great night.  I now know that the Hilton on Disney property is a great deal and I know not to eat at Bongos unless I plan on using my Spanish skills.

Orlando