Marine Land

Saint Augustine Travel Blog

Although it's located less than an hour away from my house, I've only been to Marineland three times.  Once when I was younger, once about 5 years ago and then again in April of 2008.  My cousins, Brad and Jonathan as well as their parents, Uncle Brad and Aunt Vickie were in town for the weekend so we headed down to Marineland.  The park is much smaller than I remembered, hence the cheap admission.  The dolphins don't perform a show, but if you're lucky they'll perform a few tricks in front of you.  You can pay for dolphin encounters, but we chose just to watch.  As I went up the a tank, I met a dolphin who was playing Hide-and-Go-Seek with me.  It was rather amusing. We played for about 10 minutes, no lie.

After we left Marineland, we went to San Sebastian Winery for the winery tour, which was free and came complete with free samples of wine.  The winery itself is also very small.  There are no vineyards there, it's just a small bottling facitility.  I'm hardly a wine condessour, but I thought the wine was good, most of it anyhow.  My uncle is an avid wine enthusiast and he didn't like any of them.  You win some, you lose some, right?